Sunday, November 16, 2008

Good News Moment!!!!

So I picked this up from my friend Ashlee, who got the idea from Relief Society. Its called "Good News Moment", its where I get to share something fun and exciting... AND this is also help me be more grateful for the amazing things in my life!!! I'm hoping to be this once a week... hopefully that's what happens!!!

Today I got a call this morning from our exec sec. He asked if I could meet with our Branch Pres for just a few min before church. I said sure, and didn't put much thought into it. When I started thinking about it, I figured he just wanted to update and on some things and had a few questions. Then suddenly it hit me... OH NO!! He's giving me a calling!!!! The horror hit!! LOL!
I went over a few min early and waited. When I went in, we talked about a few things. Then I thought that maybe I was wrong. That my initial idea was correct. Then suddenly he says... Okay, that was the first part. I laughed.
He did extend a calling to me, and told me about the process that happens when they are deciding on extending a calling. It all brought me such peace. He extended the calling of Visiting Teacher Supervisor. I also laughed at this, but new that it was the right thing for me. Some of you know and some of you don't but I am absolutely HORRIBLE at visiting teaching. Which is why I laughed.
I know why I got this calling. I know that its the right thing for me right now. Besides that, I don't really know how I feel about it. I do however have an even bigger respect for my Branch Pres. He's amazing and definitely follows the spirit and Heavenly Father. He said somethings to my in my interview and while I was set apart that were dead on correct, that I've never said to him. He's amazing and is called by God.
So here's to a new chapter in my life!!!! HOORAY!!!

4 comments:

Kahanu said...

Hooray! It's amazing how Heavenly Father always knows exactly what we need in our lives to help us grow and become better people! And what a blessing inspired leaders are!

Kahilau said...

YOu are the best! I love this post and your last one. Thank you for being my constant example of following the spirit. Love you!

lilia said...

such fun! you are going to be the best because I know how you put your heart and soul into a calling. have fun

Kelly said...

I'm glad to see you're so optimistic about it all. Usually I get a call with you laughing your butt off! Because of your great attitude your going to be so blessed. Plus, this calling plays to one of your many strengths...talking on the phone! :)