Thursday, July 17, 2008

The joys of being an Aunty

The other day I was watching my sisters kids when my nephew Koa came up to me and wanted to go outside. I told him that he had to change out of his pajamas into some clothes and then he could go. He got some clothes then came in the room and informed me that he was going to get himself dressed cause he's a big boy now... he was still 2 at the time he just BARELY turned 3, lol. He put his underwear and shirt on. Then put his pants on. He was so pround of himself!! Then I looked at him.... if you can't tell in the picture his pants are on backwards!! I was cracking up, but so proud. I of course stopped to take a picture AND then fixed his pants!!!



Other joys of being an aunt include, but are not limited to...

Sitting on my nephew because he thinks that at 11 years old he can take me on and WIN!! HAHAHA! He thought wrong!!



Putting the little ones to sleep and then holding them while they sleep!!!



Snuggling with them and being piled onto!



Playing with them... like I'm one of the kids...



And the reasons continue to grow DAILY!!!!

2 comments:

LiafromLaie said...

Nia, Dear, You forgot the number one joy of being an Aunt... THE KIDS GO HOME WITH SOMEONE ELSE! he he he.

Atwood Ohana said...

Nia...you really are the best aunty alive. I am convinced. And they are all so lucky to have you! I love your family and it's always a party with them all around. haha. i missed out. We really wanted to see mom and dad K cause we think they are secretly our parents-in-law too. haha. well, we love you and hope your week is great!