Friday, June 20, 2008

The name....

So I thought that I would take the time to explain the name/address of my blog... Sheguyver... for those who don't know where it came from of the story behind it... which is most people!

My sisters have given me the nickname of She-rah... I don't know even know how long ago they gave me that nickname, but oh well. Hopefully everyone remembers who She-rah is! She's a cartoon character from the 80's, I think. A super hero. Her brother He man was also a super hero. They started calling me that because I would lift heavy things on my own and rarely asked for help. LOL! Well that's the short version of it anyways...
So once I moved up here to Utah, the name of course continued. But then it became altered! One day I was with Pua's family at the storage locker loading things up into the truck in preparation to help them move. We were trying to load the kids bed and frame onto the truck. The screws to put the frame together were in a zip-loc bag, taped to it. But because of the way that it was taped on there anything else that we put on top of it wasn't going to lay flat and would fall off. So as I'm standing there in the back of the truck I thought... if only I had something to cut this tape off, that would make things so much easier. At that same moment that I had that thought I realized I had a pen in my hair. So I took the pen out, stabbed the tape and took the bag off of the frame. When my sister came back out and saw that I had fixed things she laughed. So I told her the story. Then she called me Macguyver! Please tell me everyone remember Macgyver!!! If you don't hopefully this joggs your memory!I laughed at her! A lil while later she gave me the name of Sheguyver! Half she-rah, half macgyver! For my apparent ability to make something of of nothing, or just to simply improvise. And cause I lift all manner of things by myself!
So there it is...

1 comment:

LiafromLaie said...

Hey! I remember both of those shows... used to watch them all the time!

As for Richard Dean Anderson... always thought he was cute... of course now I think he's DA BOMB cause he played Jack O'Neill in Stargate SG-1... and I loves me my Stargate.

Cool how you came up with the name! So original.