Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Here I am!!!

Hey everyone!
So it looks like I've decided to join everyone and blog! YAY!!! Hopefully this will be a better way for me to keep in touch with everyone. Hopefully... I can keep this up, esp since I don't have my own comp! Thank goodness for sisters! Formy first blog I thought I would just give a lil update on me...
For those who don't know I'm living in Utah now. I've been here for almost 2 years... the end of this month will make 2 years! CRAZY!!!!
I wasn't too excited to move here when I made the decision. But I made the decision because of a prompting and because I knew that it was what Heavenly Father was asking me to do. So I made the move. It was a big thing for me. But I did it on faith. I lived with Brooke Barker in Orem for the first 6 months... until she moved out and then got married. I started working at the Golden Corral in Orem. I got a 2nd job a few months later... but only kept it for a few months. I got to go home for Christmas. With the help of Kahi I surprised the rest of my family on Christmas Eve. It was SO nice to be home again. A few months later when I was back in Utah I got offered a full time job at the hospital in Provo in their cafe. I took that job and stayed part time at Golden Corral. Later I found another place cause I GREATLY dis-liked my other roommates once Brooke left. I ended up moving into the new place and brought Melodie Navalta with me!!! That was a blast. I loved it. It was so nice to live with someone from home again. By this time I had finally learned to love where I was living, both of my jobs, and the friends I had made. THEN... Heavenly Father asked me to move AGAIN! So I packed up, quit both jobs and moved to Clearfield (just north of Layton), all in one month. Moving again was REALLY hard for me. But once again I did it on faith. I lived with my sister Pua and her family when I first moved up here. I planned on only staying a couple weeks... but things didn't come together like I had thought they would so I stayed with them for 4 months. I worked at the Marriott Customer Call Center place for a few months... but that didn't work out. So I got a job the the Golden Corral up here. I'm still adjusting to life up here. Its been a struggle. Its hard not to move back to Orem when I know that I could go back to both of my jobs and move back into my old place again. But I also know that even though I don't understand it all the time this is the right place for me right now. So now I'm here trying to do as I should and trying to understand why I'm here. That's about it for now....

4 comments:

Kahanu said...

YAY Nana!!!! So fun to read your blog!! We are so excited to see you soon! love ya!

Karessie said...

aunty nia!!!!! gotta add you to min ;) love love love!

LiafromLaie said...

NIA! You have a blog!?! Add me! ADD ME! HA HA HA.

Nia said...

Umm... Aunty Karess... you have to add me first... yours is PRIVATE!!! DUH!!!